Directed by Martin Davidson and Stephen Verona, The Lords of Flatbush is a low-budget film starring Perry King, Henry Winkler and Sylvester Stallone. Stallone was also credited with writing additional dialogue.
A portion of this film was shot in Stamford, Connecticut. The wedding scenes were filmed in an area of town called Cove on Dale Street. Some school scenes were shot at Abraham Lincoln High School in the Coney Island section of Brooklyn. The opening exterior scenes were shot at Samuel J. Tilden High School, the only school used in the film which is actually located in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Set in 1958, the coming-of-age story follows four Brooklyn teenagers known as The Lords of Flatbush. The Lords chase girls, steal cars, play pool and hang out at a local malt shop. The film focuses on Chico (Perry King) attempting to win over Jane (Susan Blakely), a girl who wants little to do with him, and Stanley (Sylvester Stallone), who impregnates his girlfriend, Frannie (Maria Smith), who pressures him to marry her. Stanley agrees to marry her, even after finding out before the wedding that Frannie never was pregnant. Butchey Weinstein (Henry Winkler) is highly intelligent but hides his brains behind a clownish front, while Wimpy Murgalo (Paul Mace) is a colorless follower in awe of Chico and Stanley.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Perry King as Chico Tyrell
- Sylvester Stallone as Stanley Rosiello
- Henry Winkler as Butchey Weinstein
- Paul Mace as Wimpy Murgalo
- Susan Blakely as Jane Bradshaw
- Maria Smith as Frannie Malincanico
- Renee Paris as Annie Yuckamanelli
- Paul Jabara as Crazy Cohen
- Bruce Reed as Mike Mambo
- Frank Stiefel as Arnie Levine
- Martin Davidson as Mr. Birnbaum (Director's Cameo)
- Ray Sharkey as Student
- Dolph Sweet as Stanley's father
- Antonia Rey as Stanley's mother
Production[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "All-time Film Rental Champs", Variety, 7 January 1976 p 50
Script error: No such module "Check for unknown parameters".
[edit | edit source]
- Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "[". The Lords of Flatbush on IMDbScript error: No such module "EditAtWikidata".Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "[".
- Script error: No such module "String". at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Lords of Flatbush at the TCM Movie DatabaseScript error: No such module "EditAtWikidata".
- The Lords of Flatbush at AllMovieScript error: No such module "EditAtWikidata".Script error: No such module "Error".
- The Lords of Flatbush at Box Office Mojo